Sunday, December 5, 2010

Funny Wordings For Indian Wedding Functions

Made in Japan: Da Tokyo a Kyoto


transfer from Tokyo to Kyoto gives me a moment of reflection on the boundaries between tradition and modernity .
Just one life to understand the history and culture of a people? E 'enough approach have compiled - or research - to understand where it begins and ends the tradition of modernity? Or maybe we should just 'live' experience through the daily routine?
do not think I know, I do not think there is a solution. And in the case of Japan, the challenge seems to be unequal. The barrier of language and its inherent complexity and historical than occasionally prevents me from any contact with Japanese culture, of which I see some glimmer through the patient explanations (sometimes repeated) by Lorenzo.
I'm on the train to Kyoto, a technological marvel that allows cars to stop exactly where people expect, with an orderly queue, you can enter. And on the same train, the controller and the girl who sells refreshments make a nice bow when entering and when leaving, as a tribute to the traveler-customer and thank him for bringing the money daily. Trite metaphor, perhaps, but to see live is (thankfully) not so obvious.
Meanwhile, I enjoy traveling in a train clean, quiet, precise. Three adjectives and a noun in the country where I come from, often can not be married.
And once we arrived in Kyoto, I would spend the afternoon in a garden like this ... ;-)












- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


Location: Kyoto, Japan

0 comments:

Post a Comment